Thursday, October 7, 2010

One Week in Country

Well... It's been a full week since I arrived in Paris. Man, that was a fast week. So what got accomplished to make the transition work?

I was able to get our bank debit cards on Tuesday. That's a good thing because I now can access cash for personal use. Doesn't mean a whole lot yet because I'm still in a temporary living situation. But, there is something liberating about having your own cash in pocket. Now I have to track the details. Not one of my strong points.

To the best of my knowledge I still am not signed up for payroll. Supposedly tomorrow (Friday) they will address this issue for me. I certainly hope so as I hate to think I'm doing this for free.

Started to lay out my travel plans for the next 5-6 weeks. Planning 3 days in Madrid, 1 in Barcelona, 3 in Rome, another 4 or 5 in Milano/Bologna/Turin, 1 day in Switzerland and maybe 2 in Romania. If possible I will fit in 2 or 3 more visits (Greece, Israel, Saudi or who knows). Can't go to Algeria until my French visa clears. Before I know it I'll be home for Thanksgiving. Crazy huh! I'll be sure to blog it all.

Apartment move in next week!!!

4 comments:

  1. I certainly hope so as I hate to think I'm doing this for free.

    LOL!!!!!

    I had lunch with Jill, Maggie and Donna today - it was great to see them.

    I have to remember to have Scott follow your blog. I know he would enjoy it.

    Oh, and while Jill is still in the states, I will mention that she should let your bank know the situation - as when Scott is overseas and uses his debit card - our account can get frozen while they investigate...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun reading your posts! I do not know how to set up a personal profile.

    Biela's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    I follow your blog, but I don't know how to sign up. Just want you to know I do follow it. Sounds like a great adventure.
    Love You
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems you will be visiting many places. Our prayers go with you for safety and success. Love reading your events and notes on this.
    Be careful and be safe!
    Love ya! Aunt Bebe

    ReplyDelete