Monday, November 1, 2010

Chance Meeting

Just a quick note about chance meetings. During my weekly shopping trip to the Marche de Passy I met one of the Directors of NYU's Paris campus. I was at the fromagerie discussing my weekly samples with the cheese lady and her trainee. An older French woman standing next to me asked me in English where I was from and how long was I in Paris. I shared "upstate New York" and two years. She then told me she works for NYU here in Paris. Most of you know our daughter is a freshman there, so we engaged in a conversation about the Greenwich Village campus. She was so excited to learn about Kate. She invited us to stop over when Kate visits. Come to find out the campus is only a block or two from the apartment.

I continue to be amazed at what a small world we really live in if you let yourself explore it.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought .. I don't mean to be rude , but sometimes reading writing over a picture makes it hard to read and quite distracting .. It is just an observation .. :-)

    ReplyDelete