Sunday, September 12, 2010

Language

Well I finally started my French language lessons. We're using an on-line version of Rosetta Stone. So far I like it. You use a headset and speaker system to hear and speak. If I don't say it correct, the system makes me do it again, and again, and again. I do about an hour a night - grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation. No English, all in French. Maybe it'll go quicker once I've mastered the art of not pronouncing every letter.

Jill is somewhat reluctant to start. We'll need it soon. We go to Paris this weekend to look for apartments. Should be interesting. Maybe we'll luck out and find a cozy place where friends and family can come visit. I wonder if I can use this blog as our "visitor calendar"...

Au revoir for now!

2 comments:

  1. Wishing you and Jill a rewarding experience on your new adventure. I'll be looking forward to your blog on French Wines :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the French rude unless you at least tried speaking their language, so get on the ball Jill :-)

    The Biela's

    ReplyDelete