Monday, September 20, 2010

Apartment Search Update

Jill and I arrived in Paris on Sunday morning.  We decided to take a walk and look at some of the apartment buildings from the steet that are on the list our consultant provided.  The area is called Neuilly (pronounced Neweeee).  We liked the area.  It had a very residential feel about it, people/families walking, many little shops and lots of trees lining the steets.  After seeing the places today, I say one is off the list and the other is a distant 3rd.

Makes you wonder what we saw...

Today (Monday) we looked at 6 different places.  Two this morning and 4 in the afternoon.  The seventh appointment was cancelled due to the place got rented.  Just as fyi, two of the places we saw had wonderful views of the Eiffel Tower.  From what we are told, things move fast here.  If you find something you like - grab it.  Well we found 2 places we really liked.  One is on Rue de Lisbonne and the other is Rue du Bac.  Lisbonne is in the 8th Ard (ward for us U.S. people) and Bac is in the 6th.  Both are very nice places in the middle of typical Parisian communities.  If you close your eyes and visualize your idea of a place in Paris, this is it.  Both are in old buildings with many small shops very near by.  There are a number of great things about each and a few "negatives" or, as I like to call them, compromises.  All in all it was a good day.  I can see us living in either one.

With that said, our consultant has us seeing 3 more places tomorrow.  She seems to think we may find one even more to our liking.  I'm quite impressed by her.  She took the information we submitted on-line and translated to something we would like.  Let's hope her intuition is right.  But if not, both places have 2 or 3 bedroom options, so they are perfect for family and friends. 

Oh by the way, the 2 with the view of the Eiffel Tower aren't on the list.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful, I can just picture these things in my mind. While I have never been there, I wish you two the best of luck settling on your home away from home for the next two years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. God Mark i am proud to say u are my brother i might not act it or say it as much as i should and with all the help u have gave me i love you mark and i will miss you so much that is coming from my heart and i will miss Jill alot to.I know u 2 are made for this and god will guide you both i love u 2

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    It sounds like a great setting. Little shops and eateries within walking distance is a plus for sure.Keep in touch
    Love You
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. All right ya got me.... I can't keep up with this Anonymous charad any longer ...I believe it's the pressure of knowing no one knows who this is really is... I can't take it any longer I've got to reviel myself.... Hey, I'm really sorry for plegorizing on your Gig Mr Anonymous that was a brillant idea of not letting anyone in on the authors true idenity but the gig is up ! I know who you really are! Beaver ! or is it Denny ? maybe Bruce....

    Hello Mark/Jill !
    I hope your day of looking for a new (Tempary) apartment was an enjoyable one , At some point ya's must have stopped for a little brunch and beverage, please send me the name of the bistro and mention the breverage. ( my guess is it was Wine )Also Please send me the adresses of some of the potential appartments being I am a Google Earth Fanatic !

    Your Friend,
    Lar><>

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, just get Jill's butt back home. I miss her ! Bet you cant find the turtle now ! :)
    Wheres my wine ??

    ReplyDelete