Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Adventure Begins

Do any of you remember the song "Leaving on a Jet Plane"?  Well, that's what I'm doing right now.  The first leg of the trip, Rochester to Dulles.  Unfortunately no upgrades, but at least I have a seat.

We had a nice impromptu get together at the house last night.  Bryan and Kyrstin, Jeff/Kelly/Adam and Bob/Joan/Karin.  We shared some wine, beer, a big pot of chili and lot of laughs.  Thanks to everyone for stopping over.

Jill and I had a nice morning together.  Nothing too dramatic, we had to finish my packing, pick up a jacket at the cleaners, do some banking and a lunch at Slayton Place.  Nothing like a good ole hamburger.  It was a nice lunch, a good chance for us to talk and discuss the next step in this crazy adventure.  On the way to the airport we stopped to get the car washed one last time.

Once at the airport Jill and I shared a good chuckle as I prepared to move 3 bags, a carry on and a computer case into the airport all at once.  We shared a long hug, a couple of quick kisses and an "I love you (or two)".  And with that I made my way into the Rochester airport. Can't wait for Thanksgiving.  

Leaving on a jet plane...  

No comments:

Post a Comment