Saturday, December 4, 2010

New Twist to the Blog

Last night Jill and I had a fantastic meal at a little restaraunt near our apartment called La Petit Tour.  The owner, a man named Gary, waited on us.  He spoke very good English so I was able to practice my choppy French and he could properly correct it. 

We started with fresh made potato chips and a bottle of Sancerre (a light red wine).  Our appetizers were incredible - Jill had a veggie stuffed artichoke, I went for home made frois gras.  The intent was for us to share them, but once Jill tried a very small taste of the frois gras it became mine.  It was funny to see her try it, I thought for sure she was going to choke eating it. 

Our meals were equally as good - Jill had scallops w/ green beans and I had duck with potato au gratin.  I wanted to order the green beans, but Gary said they wouldn't properly complement the duck.  He was right, the potatoes were tasty.  We finished our wine just before dessert.  Our new friend Gary came with an open bottle and gave us complimentary glass of the same wine.  Because it was such a nice experience we decided to do dessert - Jill took Gary's recommendation for this dish that had 3 pastries with vanilla ice cream inside them and covered with chocolate sauce, I had the chocolate mousse. 

The meal was incredible, price was moderate and the service was absolutely the best.  For those who come and visit, this will be a place we will definitely visit.

On the way out we made reservations for next Friday night.

Oh yea... as for the title of this post, Jill and I decided we would share the blog.  She will start posting in the near future.  I hope you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment