Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New restaraunt -- Mark

Tonight Jill and I tried a new restaraunt.  One just around the corner from us and on my "try with Jill" list.  It was nice, not very busy (we were the first ones in) and a bit on the expensive side.  We started with a good bottle of chardonay.  I ordered a hamburger with frois gras.  Jill ordered the soup of the day, a vegetable soup that was pureed with cream (very nice and enough for two) and bass (French word "bar"). 

I expected to find my hamburger without a bun and a nice piece of frois gras on top of it.  Instead I had a hamburger on a roll with a very thin slice of frois gras.  The burger came on a roll and was very good, but the frois gras was lost in the sandwich.  For the extra 6 Euro, I would forget the frois gras.

Jill's fish was the highlight of the meal.  Just before it came out she made the comment -- "it better not have the head and bones".  Wouldn't you know, it was a whole fish on her plate.  I could tell she was debating if she should go for it, but much to my surprise she dug in and ate the whole thing.  I had to peel back some of the bones for her, but all in all I was quite proud of her.  More importantly, ignoring the skin, head and bones, she liked the fish.

Once again, this assignment is expanding our horizons...  But don't expect Jill to eat whole fish too many more times.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if she will eat a whole deer when she comes here?? Proud of you Jill!! Love and miss you both

    ReplyDelete