Saturday, April 2, 2011

A Collection of Thoughts from Mark

Jill and I have both been experiencing a blog blah writer's block.  We have so much we want to share but every time we start to write it, nothing comes out.  So I'm just going to ramble...

We just finished a two week run with the kids visiting.  Kate was here for her birthday.  We took to an Irish pub for lunch and nice French dinner. She was able to try her first Guinness.  I leave for her to write about as she still owes her blog.

On the morning I took Kate to the airport, two hours later I picked up Matt and Allison.  We had a great time with them. I'm pretty sure we wore them out.  They both have been working so hard on their final project for college.  Between that, the travel here and the long days of touring they left here exhausted.  Again, I'll leave to them to write about.

This afternoon Jill and I are on a plane traveling to Madrid.  I've been there only once and of course my world traveling companion will make her initial visit.  We look forward to exploring the old city together.  Maybe take in a Flamingo dance or something intriguing like that.  We'll see.  Maybe it will give us more to write about.

My French classes are going well.  I have a good tutor who is tolerant of my sloppy French.  However bad it is, it is way better then when I arrived.  This round of lessons (30 hours since January) is almost over.  Three more sessions.  I'm not sure I'm going to go to round two.  It takes a lot of time and summer is soon upon us.  Right now it's a "no", but we'll see.  I do ok in the "hood" so any more will just be showing off.

Wishing you all well and hope to see you in Paris soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment