Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Mid-August Evening in Paris



Note to all... Don't visit Paris in August.  Everyone is on holiday, shops and restaurants are closed and not a lot of people around.  Not a problem, because I'm scheduled to leave in a week's time.  But i still would appreciate sharing a beer with someone.  So with that said I decided to go to Le Passy tonight for a beer.

As it turned out I had 4 or so.  I finished my first beer and Henric, the manager/owner brought me a new beer with complimentary appetizer.  About half way through I met a guy at the bar.  His name was Harry and he was from London.  We shared another couple of beers and another complimentary appetizer.  We had a nice chat.  Found out he lives on Kleber Avenue and hangs out at a pub on Kleber with his "mates".  His pub plays jazz and blues.  Best night is Thursdays.  We agreed to meet in September when we get back.  Be ready Jean and Maggie, could be a crazy night with a bunch of Brits!!!

Picked up a quick Chinese takeout.  Too lazy to cook.  When I got to the apartment I met Fatima.  She was enjoying the evening outside the front door.  No kidding, we spent about 20 minutes talking in French.  She volunteered to tend my plants while I was in the U.S.  I gave her warning that when I came back I would have 3 ladies with me.  Of course we laughed about the potential noise it would bring.  She says I'm quite as a mouse.  Any way, Jean and Maggie better be on their best behavior...

Going to the U.S. In a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment