Friday, August 27, 2010

What to do with "my stuff"?

Well one of the big questions that lingers in my pre-departure thoughts is "what to do with my stuff". This means the things that Jill doesn't care for, such as the Playstation, the flat screen TV, my car and my golf clubs. I really would love to bring all of them with me. All of them are part of my relaxation routines.

The first, and most distressing, item is the car. I came up with the brilliant concept that we could sell my car to our middle son, Matt, for the price of what he sells his car for. Good idea, right? He needs a better car and this one came with little or no cost to me. Midway through the summer we decide to put a price on Matt's car. What ever he sells his car for will be the price he buys my car for (2007 Santa Fe). Sounds like a nice deal...

Talking with my brother, we learn our nephew's car is having problems. Man... Do I have a deal for him. We sell Tim Matt's car for the price he can get for his car. Unforeseeable to all, the car has to be scraped for $150. Therefore, I sell my very nice vehicle to Matt for $150.

In the end I'm happy for all. Tim got a nice vehicle, Matt got a great/safe vehicle and I don't have to manage the extra vehicle. Price wasn't as I expected - oh well. I hope that doesn't happen with my Playstation!

No comments:

Post a Comment